I’ve got a lot of new readers. Welcome. Most of you won’t be up to speed but, all of my blogs are below today’s. It doesn’t seem like it, but I promise, I have more to talk about than Inglis. Stay tuned.
Here in Inglis, Florida, political cowards have begun a campaign of deception and terrorism directed towards innocent, elderly, low income, citizens across the community. These folks live in manufactured housing and the political hacks are telling them that the Town of Inglis is going to evict them, condemn their trailers, and put them in the street. A widowed lady came to Town Hall in tears. Others I have talked to, have lost nights of sleep and some are suffering physically. Two commissioners, one ex commissioner and a handful of cruel and conniving citizens are spreading this vile propaganda and low down deception for political gain.
At last week’s commission meeting (Tuesday the 7th) The resolution 11-14 was modified and voted on. This ordinance had become the infamous “Special Magistrate” ordinance. That provision was removed. During the discussion, Commissioner Smalldridge stated that the mobile home destruction/seizure/eviction motion had been placed in this amendment. The commissioner told a bald faced lie. It is clearly on the audio of the meeting. Not the first time. Nor the last.
The truth needs no scruples. A low down, cruel lie to anyone who is vulnerable is more than just sinful. There’s a difference between political and despicable. This most recent tactic proves that there is no line these people won’t cross. They are poor losers without character or shame.
I made a motion back in June about trailers. The point was, their age, their insurability and what threshold of repair should be established. The motion was voted on and tabled. It has never been discussed again, until now. And it never will be by me. If a mobile home is destroyed the parameters for restoration are spelled out already in the existing ordinances. They have been there for years, just not enforced. My position on this is: If you choose to put your property and yourself in a place where you could suffer tremendous loss, including the loss of your life, I have no problem with that. It is none of my business nor am I obliged to try to protect you from yourself. America is a great country, isn’t it?
I learned a valuable lesson here. Inglis is full of vulnerable people who hang on every word from people who seek them out and pretend to have their best interests in hand. It also has a handful of people with no scruples who will say and do anything to gain a political advantage or to cloud their bad behavior and true intentions.
If you put these two faced manipulators back in office and make Stephen Smalldridge your mayor there won’t be a red cent left in the town treasury in two years. There won’t be enough in the tax base to pay for mowing the grass.
Here are two of the offenders profiles: Just a small sample of what you’ve gotten and what you can expect. Remember, these are the people who want to dissolve your town, raise your “use” taxes to the 10% maximum, sell your water system, and give themselves a tax reduction. One of them is under felony indictment for dumping hazardous material directly into the once Florida Outstanding River that runs through our town. I wouldn’t swim or eat fish out of it now.
Michael Andrew White aka Commissioner Junk Yard
1. Chronic violator of the sunshine law. Meeting with Commissioners in direct violation. Joining with the same commissioners and meeting with a local resident who plans all their strategy and tells them what to do. Photos provided to State Attorney’s Office.
2. Cost Inglis thousands in 2010 litigation and thousands more in 2014 legal fees and legal research for matters in which he has a personal conflict of interest, or that had no merit for consideration by the commission and were immediately withdrawn by him. 29 agenda items out of 43 during regular commission meetings in April and May of 2014.
3. Dozens of traffic violations. Speeding and reckless driving. He tells everyone he’s a race driver. He hit a woman in Volusia County. He’s on his way to vehicular homicide, just a matter of time.
4. Indictment for Felony Dumping, serious enough that the Governor suspended him from office. Illegal burying on a junk yard that borders a tributary of the Withlacoochee, (five blocks away ) once designated as an Outstanding Florida River. His crap is part of what’s killing the river, flowing into the Gulf and poisoning our neighbor’s future to the north. By the way, I wouldn’t swim or eat fish from the river today. Oh, and ask his neighbors on Hudson Street what he’s done for their quality of life.
Ask him about these anti social instances of disrespect and he will tell you that he’s lived here over 40 years. That’s his answer. He believes that he can break our laws and make up his own as he goes along. If you live here it’s your face he’s spitting in.
Commissioner Stephen P. Smallridge
1. A short time after being sworn in, he pulled a gun out at the Public Works. Then subsequently told several lies about that incident. During a discussion before the commission Commissioner Price admitted that he showed her a pistol that he brought into the commission meeting. Another lawless nitwit at work.
2. He admitted that Commissioner White had come to his house for a meeting. He did not say how many times he and White had met before. He approached me to discuss this while I was walking my dog. I told him I wasn’t interested in breaking the Sunshine Law just as I had told Commissioner White on two previous occasions.
3. He has publicly shouted down the mayor, called her corrupt, and called his fellow commissioners corrupt. All that because he was voted down on some issue. That ole’ pesky democratic thing – majority rules. Ouch!
4. He took over the Veteran’s Memorial project and was given an authorization to spend $1,000 on preliminary site work. One catch was, he had to provide invoices or estimates to spend the money. He bought himself a pair of gloves and stuck some wood stakes in the ground. A month later he asked the commission to give him $1,500 to give to an unnamed monument company as a deposit. He did not know what the total cost would be. And he never produced his secret design drawings. After, the project was taken back from him for no action, he stated at another commission meeting that he was getting the memorial for free. Oh, silly us!
5. I’ve listened to him talk about his military service. I’ve been told by others what he has told them about his military service. He has said that he served in The 101st Airborne and the Marines. He’s never said when. But he has claimed to have been in Vietnam. Service in either branch is enviable. I have a problem with the fact that he tells that his service record has been lost by the government. Maybe he’s talking about service in Mexico’s 101st. Everbody whose ever served honorably, knows that the government doesn’t lose your service records. Every body knows what their service record is called. He told the Mayor that the Amvets was keeping his service records. What do you think?
As a Navy veteran who received hazardous duty pay and was mustered out with an Honorable Discharge, and still have my original service record form, I think something stinks in Denmark. I think Steve Smalldridge needs to stop the charade about a non-existent service, before a recently discharged member of the 101st, the U.S. Marine Corps, or even a Navy Seal, finds out that he is posing as a vet. What do you think?
Finally, the incident described at the beginning should be the final straw. Not only for Smalldridge, but Price who I’ve discussed enough already, for White the self appointed poster boy for Inglis, who knows no boundaries.
P.S. If you know her, tell Sally Price how much I appreciate that she is running my blog on her Facebook page. 1,700 readers and counting.
Enuff said . . . . Enjoy the weekend and stay tuned for more chicanery.
(The four syllable word should stop ‘em in their tracks)
Hello? Is this Skype or Facebook? Hello . . .